Sunday, December 28, 2014

#JamDiego2014

My teammate Natalie was on my flight!
But on her way to Cabo with her husband. 
I'm obsessed.  Completely.  I love Jamberry Nails.  It's ridiculous really, but I'm in deep.  So deep in fact, that I went to San Diego for a regional conference.  Steven kept making fun of me when I would talk about regionals and nationals (coming up in July '15!), like it was the NCAA tournament or something.  I, of course, think of regionals and nationals and think of cheerleading competitions, so to each their own.  ;)  But I digress... JamCon...


One of the main reasons I wanted to go was because it was in San Diego, where the weather was bound to be better in November than it was in Utah.  And, I wanted to go, because I miss taking random adventures by myself.  It's been a long time since I've had the chance to do something all by myself.  I'm not going to lie ~ I may have loved it a little too much.  It was so fun!
I got to San Diego and decided to go straight to the temple.  I had heard how beautiful it was inside, but nothing ~ NOTHING ~ could prepare me for just how beautiful it was!  Seriously, heaven.  That is exactly what heaven must look like.  I literally burst in to tears when I walked into the celestial room.  It was overwhelmingly beautiful.  I can't get over it.  So glad I went.  

On the way there, I was still getting used to my GPS (I really hate GPS and don't ever use it.  I'll take my chances with getting lost most of the time, after looking at a map.  But I had no map, so I had to use GPS).  Anyway, I was getting used to it, and took the wrong exit.  No big deal because it recalculates to get me where I need to go, but in this case, I was so glad to take the wrong exit.  I drove up this street, perched high atop the mountain, and these houses had the most amazing view.  The ocean out the front windows and the temple out the back!  I decided my new Jamberry goal needs to be to make enough money that we can live there!

Me and Liza
After the temple, I met up with my roommate, Liza, a girl I met via Facebook, who was looking for a roommate.  Have I told you how much I love random adventures like this?!  So fun, totally crazy.  We hung out and did our nails that afternoon.  (Of course) and then I met up with some other ladies for dinner that night.  I didn't know a soul there... my team is all new enough that no one could sign up for regionals, but Liza was meeting up with her team.

So, I posted on facebook that a lady named Kristin and I were going to dinner, and anyone who wanted to could meet us there.  We ended up having a great little group of 8 of us, and we sat around all night chatting about business, nails, parties, etc.  So ridiculous, so fun.

But the really ridiculous part hadn't even happened yet!  That night there was a welcome reception, and the next morning the party really began!  900 women all obsessed with direct sales, multi-leveling marketing and NAILS!  Holy cow, it was hilarious!  I really couldn't even take it too seriously, but I did learn a lot and felt really pumped to get business going, so that was great.

The best part was seconds... you could buy "seconds," which were cast off wraps that had been misprinted or were missing one wrap... all the ones Jamberry couldn't sell.  We could buy them in packs of 5 for really cheap, but the kicker was, you didn't know what was in your packs that you bought.  (Up to 4 packs) So, once we all got them at lunch, there was a mad frenzy to trade them to get ones you did want.  Seriously, it was like little boys with baseball cards, or a giant game of Pit.  It was nuts.  So ridiculous... So fun!  ha!




The training was really good.  There were all sorts of tips and tricks for parties, recruiting, etc.  Plus, I really enjoyed meeting all these great women.  
Me and Staci, who was my Team Manager when I joined... she is now my Lead Exec.  Cool!

Me and Kristin, with Jennifer H.  (one of Home Office's big wigs... you'd think I'd know, but alas, I don't pay attention to that type of stuff)
That afternoon, after the conference was over, a group of us headed to the beach.  I felt it crucial to go to the beach while in San Diego (some people didn't think so... crazy), so we went and hung out until the sun went down, and then went and had a great seafood dinner.

I headed home the next morning, so I was there for less than 48 hours, but it was so awesome!  I had such a great time and met all sorts of new friends.  Steven asked me if this was something that I would do every year?  Was there enough to learn to make it worth my time?
Enough to learn?  Heck no.  This isn't rocket science.  But would I do it every year?  Heck yes!  I'd do it every couple of months if I could afford it.  It was so fun!


I was really made for the beach.
~ 15-17 Nov 2014 ~

1 comment:

Jaime Lynne said...

I 1,000 loves that you did you this! Seriously. You almost make me want to become a Mary Kay/Jamberry/doTerra/Miche consultant. Almost...