Monday, December 22, 2014

50 years of wedded bliss

The other reason for our trip south was to celebrate Steven's parents 50th wedding anniversary!  That is amazing and awesome.  All of the family, except Mike's wife and daughters were able to make the trip to P-town for the celebration.  It was a lot of fun to be there with all the family, and we were able to surprise Kraig and Diane with what can only be deemed the world's best anniversary gift.  (I can say that, because it was Steven and my idea. Ha!)
Last summer when we took our great America adventure to Yellowstone, we saw a family with t-shirts that all had numbers on the back and try as we might to figure it out, we couldn't decide what the numbers represented.  Well, we finally asked and found out that they were the number in which they joined the family.  So, that got our mind rolling, and we decided it would be fun to have everyone in the family take a picture with their number.  Of course, then we decided we wanted the cry factor, ie ~ the moment when a gift becomes so good that it has everyone in tears, so we opted to make everyone in the family not only take a picture, but also write a note of appreciation (or whatever they wanted) for Kraig and Diane.  Then, Steven and I compiled all of these pictures and letters into a book, and all of the kids/grands gave it to them at the celebration.










 
And the tears started flowing before the first page was even turned!  Present success!  :)
It really did turn out so cool, and I'm not even saying that because I made it.  It really was awesome.  The letters were thoughtful and at times down right hilarious, and I hope someday to have a book like it from my kids... although, that may be hard, since we'll be like 107 by the time we've been married 50 years, and we'll never have enough kids to fill the book, but still... it was cool.

We also all had matching shirts (Do it alone, it's weird; do it with others, it's a club.) that said "Beckstrands 50th."  They were really cool and it was really nice to not lose anyone in the crowd... now I know why families all dress the same in places like Disneyland.











~ 24 July 2014 ~

1 comment:

Lori said...

I really want to see this book someday! And...I hope dad & I can make it to 2022, so that we can have one of our very own :-) I'll act surprised...I promise!!