Saturday, December 27, 2014

Halloween 2014

I feel like we kind of failed on Halloween.  Hopefully Noah will be too young for it to have lasting damage, but it makes me sad that we were so caught up in pictures that we forgot to remember to just have fun.  Sorry Noah.
Noah was so excited for Halloween for the whole month of October.  He decided at the dollar store one day that he wanted to be a knight... and since we were at the dollar store and the whole costume was going to cost a mere $5, I figured it was a pretty good idea to go ahead and buy him a knight costume, so that even if he changed his mind, it would be okay.  But Noah has a funny way of not changing his mind about things.  Once he decides on something, he sticks to it.  Yes, I believe the word is stubborn.  And yes, I believe he gets that from me.

Anyway, we needed to make him a cape and a helmet.  So, to Pinterest we went... he found a helmet he loved, and luckily for me, it was the easiest one to make!  And then I even made him a cape!  That was pretty impressive on my part, since I'm not known for my great sewing ability.  But, it was really fun and he loved it.  


Roxi was much easier to shop for.  We went to Costco (are you seeing a theme in this blog of where we shop?), and found the only costume left in her size, for a mere $4.97.  A cow.  Now, had we have known about the knight before choosing her costume, we may have landed on a princess, but you know... every good knight most likely had a cow before the princess.  And she really is the cutest cow around.

So, Halloween came around and Steven and I sadly had no where to go... no ward party.  No friend parties (we usually have a couple).  So, our costumes were very thrown together.  I had promised my Jamberry team that if I made team manager, I would dress up as a harajuku girl for Halloween, but most people thought I was Katy Perry.  I suppose that works too.  And Steven went with his old stand by, an old man.  He pulls it off quite well.


But here is where we failed.... Noah didn't have a nap that day (he is kind of in between needing naps), so he was pretty tired.  And it is a well known fact that he hates getting his picture taken.  Well, we forced the issue, threatening to not take him trick-or-treating if he didn't take a picture and he had a major meltdown.  Meanwhile, it was getting late, getting dark, and he was getting tired.  So, by the time we finally went out trick or treating, he was kind of over it.

We also learned that our street isn't big into trick or treating (the neighborhood is, just not our street), so every other house was dark.  Well, these are rather large lots, so by the time you walk between 2 houses, it is a little exhausting for a tired 2 year old.  Needless to say, I'm not sure he had a great time.



We put the picture of our whole family on Facebook and asked people to guess the theme.  (Clearly there wasn't one).  I feel like I totally failed though, when someone guessed Monty Python.  We totally could have done Monty Python and I ruined it!  We have the old man, the knight, the cow... all we need is for me to be anything but a harajuku girl.  Dang it Jamberry!
Anyway, we only did our street and one street over and then called it a night.  It was one of the warmest Halloweens on record, so it was quite pleasant to sit out and give out candy.  Roxi enjoyed sitting out with me before bed.

Next year, we will do better for sure.
~ 31 October 2014 ~

1 comment:

Lori said...

Lessons learned and great costumes, as usual!