Saturday, December 27, 2014

Noah turns THREE!

We have a full blown little boy on our hands!  Noah turned three, which is completely crazy.  He is in denial about it though, and still insists that he is two.  Not sure why, but we'll go with it.  He sure acts like he's in his "terrible two's" much more now than he ever did when we was actually two.

I was going to be creative and make cool "monkey George" cupcakes, but I asked Noah what he wanted and he simply said, orange cupcakes.  So I figured I'd mix yellow and red to get orange, but can you believe it... they actually make orange cupcakes!  :)  And they taste good!  Beyond the cupcakes, we decorated with streamers and balloons, which he thought was cool.  We opened presents in the morning, so he could play with them all day.  Friends came over in the afternoon to help eat cupcakes and play, and we had waffles for dinner, because those are his favorite, and called it a day.

 We asked Noah what he wanted for his birthday and he said pretend food.  I swear this kid is going to be on junior Master Chef someday.  He loves to cook and play with pretend food.  But, his wish was our command, so that is just what we got him.  We also got him Hungry, Hungry Hippos, which he really likes, but gets really mad when anyone else wins.  So, there are some lessons to be taught there!

 Grandma and Papa won the birthday though, with buying him this little motorcycle.  He loves it!  He is really good about sharing though, both on his birthday with his friends, and also with Roxi.  He will push the peddle for her, while I hold her on and steer.  It is pretty cute to watch.  Our new house is made perfectly for this motorcyle, because he can ride around the living room and kitchen/dining room area quite well.  He is great about always "parking" it back by the piano, when he is done playing with it too.  When the weather is nice, as it has been most of the fall/winter, we will go for rides around the block.  He loves this motorcycle!



 We also got him this chef hat and an apron to go with his pretend food.  Man, it just doesn't get cuter than this!

I'm not big into birthday parties (perhaps someday I will be, but not for the little kids), so we didn't do much.  We had a couple of friends over... Jack and a new friend William, who lives in our neighborhood.  William brought along his brother and sister too.  And of course, I had the mom's stay, because let's be honest... having friends over is important for me too!

  Jack brought him this little motorcycle, which is also tons of fun and he really likes.  It is cute to see him take it all over with us.  :)  I asked him what his favorite toys were one day after his birthday and he said, "My big motorcycle and my little motorcycle."  





I can't even tell you how much I love this picture!  I think it is so cute!  Hooray for good friends.  
 That night, we had another cupcake and blew out candles again, so that Daddy could be there.  And also because Noah just loves to blow out candles.  ;)
A successful birthday for my very favorite little man.
~ 5 November 2014 ~

No comments: