And so, in July, Panaca celebrated 150 years of existence, and all the world converged on the tiny little town. Including all of the B-strand clan. It was tons of fun! Noah LOVED spending even more time with his cousins.
There was a craft fair, hot air balloon festival, parade (that we were in!), money drop, games, yummy food, and quilt show. It was quite the production.
I took my new Jamberry nails business to the craft fair and paid for our trip down there with the money I earned from sales. Plus, I got a lot of follow up business and made some great new friends. I even got a great girl to join my team. :) So, that was a great success. And, it gave all the nieces a way to spend their days, as they were all my little helpers. So fun! It was kind of a last minute decision, but it was great fun! And, it was a great experience, so I know how to run a bigger vendor booth.
A lot of my time and energy were spent at the booth, but I was also able to see all of the fun stuff in town, while we were there, and Noah was able to participate in a few of the different activities. Mostly though, I think he just liked playing in the backyard at Grandma and Grandpa's house, with all of his cousins.
This is Noah right before and then during the fireman money scramble. I was told that he wasn't a huge fan, because of the amount of people and the noise. But somehow he still came home with a bit of money. Wonder who got that for him?! :)
There was also a balloon festival and one of the best fireworks shows I've ever seen! Both of which, we could watch from the front lawn. Very cool. This was Noah's first time seeing either one of those things, so now every time we see fireworks or hot air balloons, he says, "like at Papa's house."
Roxi, who we all know is a terrible sleeper, would wake up early or go to bed late, every single night. But of course, on the night of the fireworks, she fell asleep about 3 minutes before they started and then slept all the way through them! Poor girl was exhausted!
Roxi, who we all know is a terrible sleeper, would wake up early or go to bed late, every single night. But of course, on the night of the fireworks, she fell asleep about 3 minutes before they started and then slept all the way through them! Poor girl was exhausted!
And speaking of sleep... someone sometime along the way, decided it was a good idea to wake the whole town up at 6am by shooting of dynamite as part of this yearly celebration. 10 sticks of it! So, of course Roxi woke up. But Noah slept right through it! On the last stick, he started stirring and I was afraid he might wake up. I figured that would just be our luck... the very last boom woke him! But, heaven was smiling down on us, and he kept right on sleeping. :)
We had a great time in Panaca and enjoyed visiting with family and some of the friends we've made who also all have connections to Panaca. We also enjoyed celebrating the 50th wedding anniversary, but that will be a separate blog post. :)
We had a great time in Panaca and enjoyed visiting with family and some of the friends we've made who also all have connections to Panaca. We also enjoyed celebrating the 50th wedding anniversary, but that will be a separate blog post. :)
~ 23-25 July 2014 ~


2 comments:
I know one guy from Panaca. Stevie B. Ever heard of him? He's a great guy. :)
Fun post. Way to rock the Jamberry sales.
Wow...Stevie B must be a rock star, because come to find out...I know him, too. Small world Jaime Lynne :-)
Post a Comment