Friday, January 3, 2014

Introducing...

Roxana Lou!

After what can only be described as the longest 9 months ever, Steven and I welcomed our sweet Roxi into the world on November 23rd at 2:14pm.  She weighed in at 8 lbs 3 oz, and is 21 inches long.  A beautiful, healthy, perfect little angel from heaven.  Seriously.  We adore her.

The pregnancy was long and horrible, as I believe all pregnancies to be.  But the labor was amazing!  Roxana was due on 22 Nov, and I had an induction date set for the next day, which was a Saturday.  The hospital was super crowded, so when I called to see if I could come in, the nurse said it could be a couple of hours.  She then called back about 30 minutes later and told me to come right then, so we did!  Noah stayed with my mom, who was already in town.  That was a great!

I got to the hospital, started pitocin and the doctor broke my water.  About an hour later, I got the epidural.  (Not one to feel pain at all).  And about 3 hours after that with only 3 pushes, Roxi made her grand debut!  It was miraculously easy!  Really.  I started crying when I heard her cry, because I couldn't believe that she was out already.  Recovery has been a miracle as well.  With Noah, labor and recovery were both very long and painful, so I was apprehensive about doing this again.  But alas, prayers were answered.

After a quick 24 hours, we were able to go home.  And we are now a family of FOUR.  All American, right here.  :)




And we all love her.  It was an instant, overwhelming love.

















~ 23 November 2013 ~

1 comment:

Lori said...

Instant, overwhelming love...just the way it was meant to be. Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl. I think her name deserves a blog of it's own, but maybe that's just Granni Lou speaking ;-)