My mom and dad may be borderline crazy. Every year they host "Grandma's Camp," for all the grand kids ages 3 and older, and they actually take them camping for an entire week! I was always privileged to go before I got married, but back then there were only 2 or 3 grand kids that went, so it wasn't too overwhelming. This year, I mentioned to my dad that we were going to crash Grandma's camp (because I LOVE the campground they go to, and I missed my nieces and nephews). My mom decided that was a grand idea (even though I am now totally breaking the rule of "No parents allowed," and Noah won't be old enough to go for another two summers!), so we drove north to spend yet another week camping! Only this time, Steven was going to be staying at my parents house (he wasn't invited to Grandma's camp), so I was in charge of Noah's sleeping patterns. Uh-oh... until I remembered that my parents have a trailer, with air conditioning and the little guy slept like a champ in the pack n' play.
Here are a few pictures that I took throughout the week. My mom has a bunch of other cute ones too.
 |
| We played a lot in the water. Noah mostly liked to hang out in the shallow part and make mud in his bucket. Simon and Noah were great friends all week! Noah loved to do whatever Simon was doing. |
 |
| We went on a hike one day that was a "nature scavenger hunt." Noah was more interested in wearing his basket as a mask. |
 |
But notice he got all the other kids to do it too! Such a little trendsetter. :) L to R: Alex, Sierra, Noah, Abbie, Connor, Simon |
 |
| King of the mountain! |
 |
| On the hike... he was constantly stopping to find sticks or rocks. |
 |
| Stopped to play in the creek. So much fun that we actually went back the next day too. |
 |
| Noah doesn't quite grasp "don't get your clothes wet when you have to hike back" yet. |
 |
| Um, yes. That is my kid in nothing but a diaper. Not one of my finest moments. In fact, just seeing the picture kind of makes me want to throw up. I am not the mom who lets their kid run around in nothing but a diaper... especially a soggy wet one! |
 |
| This may be my favorite picture of the whole trip! Abbie was such a trooper. Noah got really tired on the way back from the hike, and I was too pregnant to carry him, so Abbie carried him all the way back! Poor little guy fell asleep in her arms, and she didn't break under the pressure of his dead weight. So grateful for her help! Too precious. |
 |
| Cute Grandma and Papa. I hope these grand kids realize how lucky they are! |
 |
| The next day, we went back to the creek with a picnic lunch and swim suits. The kids had a great time damming up the river and floating down it in the inner tubes. Noah loved throwing rocks into the water. |
 |
| Connor and Alex enjoying their lunch on the bridge. |
We did a million other fun things, like make tye-dye shirts and drawing on personalized plates. Papa made slime, which Noah was (gratefully for me and clean up) not a fan of. The kids played games, we ate yummy food, watched movies, went to McDonalds and played on the toys when it rained all day the last day, and had a grand time making memories. Thanks Grandma and Papa for letting Noah come, even though he was way too young. :)
We were glad to have the invite and had an awesome time. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Noah play with his cousins and learn from them. He camped like a little pro, and hopefully I was more help than hinder. But I must say, I'm glad for the "no parents" rule. It is a lot of work and I am fine to not go back. :)
~ 29 July-3 August 2013~
2 comments:
I loved this post, but I especially loved having all the grandkids in one place for the week! I'm afraid our days of having everyone there are numbered and it was a blessing to have you and Noah join us this year. I need a copy of the picture of Abbie holding Noah. She is so beautiful and I love everything about that photo. My oldest and my youngest...for another month! XO
Test ~ I left a long message and I see it didn't post. Will try again.
Post a Comment