Our trip to Bryce Canyon marked the beginning of a summer filled with camping trips. It was exhausting and perhaps a little crazy, but a super great summer overall! This trip was at the beginning of July, when it was about 100 degrees here. Obviously, we are really smart and decided to go SOUTH to escape the heat... because that makes perfect sense. But we went with Chris and Karyn (Steven's sis) and we just don't say no when an offer comes up to camp with some of the coolest people we know!
We had a great time ~ the weather was actually quite lovely, I wasn't too fat to hike yet, the company was great, Noah proved himself to be a decent camper, and Bryce Canyon is truly one of the most breathtaking places on earth.
Oh, and get ready for a ridiculous picture overload.
 |
| Playing baseball with cousin Brady, who is clearly an awesome pitcher |
 |
| Cute family |
 |
| Love this. That is a good Daddy to give up his hat. |
 |
| Another cute family. |
 |
| Call me vain, but I kind of like this picture, so I decided to post it. |
 |
| I think Steven was smelling the vanilla scent of the ponderosa pine. I like the photo bomber in the background though. The first hike we went on had a trail guide that told us all about the trees and such. I made sure to give a quiz after. |
 |
| I didn't hike to this waterfall, so I took this picture with my paparazzi lens. Hence the distance. |
 |
| Another paparazzi shot. Love these boys. |
 |
| Olivia, Annie and Abby. Such cute girls. (And very glad Annie came with us. She was a huge help with the little kids!) |
 |
| Stopped at the stream to take a breather. Afterall, it was about a million degrees. |
 |
| Chris dunking his head under to get it cool. |
 |
| So of course Olivia and Abby both had to try too. :) |
 |
| Brady being cute |
 |
| Love this picture of the siblings... I can definitely tell they are related. |
 |
| At Bryce Canyon. I wore my tye-dye shirt, so all the girls decided to also, except Abby. I can't help but sing "one of these things is not like the other" when I see this picture. |
 |
| The first time Steven and I went to Bryce it was a lot colder, so I had my hoodie bundled up (Steven said I looked like the unibomber), and wasn't smiling in one picture. So this is my "I'm so excited to be at Bryce!" face. |
 |
| He was trying to lick my ear. That was gross. |
 |
| But here we love each other again. |
 |
| Happy little family. |
 |
| I'm a big fan of these two pictures, because Noah and I are making the same ridiculous face. Not sure why. |
 |
| Headed out on another hike, but we opted out. Wasn't sure I'd make it back up the switch backs. |
 |
| Just hangin' out. I like the picture. |
 |
| The whole gang proving that we were really there. |
 |
| Steven and Chris went on a hike one day and took a zillion great pictures. But I figured this blog post already had a zillion pics, so I chose this one as my favorite. This is from "Wall Street" down in the canyon. |
 |
| Noah liked to carry his blankie all over. I guess it was so when he got tired, he could just lay down wherever and rest. :) |
 |
| Might be my favorite!! These two boys played SO WELL together the whole weekend. It was fun to see Noah play with a cousin near his age. And it just so happened that they had matching jammies, which made them even cuter as they chased each other around!! |
 |
| Love, love, love. |
 |
| They have this little "village" outside of Bryce with all sorts of great photo ops, like this one. |
 |
| And Noah riding the horse. He is obviously really impressed. |
 |
| And Noah and Steven got thrown in jail. Luckily Brady got them out. |
 |
One last group shot. Such a fun trip! Thanks for the invite Karyn, Chris and family! |
~ 29 June - 2 July 2013 ~
2 comments:
I love all these pictures!! And I REALLY loved camping with you guys!! Maybe we should make it an annual thing?
So many darling photos! Can't believe how grown up Brady is, and the two little guys in their matching jammies was precious. Might love the fact that Noah loves his blankies, more than anything else about this post. Bryce looks amazing. The Wall Street photo is incredible. Looks like a super fun time.
Post a Comment