Thursday, September 19, 2013

Happy Birthday America

Our neighborhood has a big 4th of July party that we like to invite ourselves to each year.  This year was no exception.  It was a great time and seriously, the fireworks rivaled those of most smaller towns.  Pretty spectacular.

The best was watching Noah run around and play.  Last year, he was still too little to "get it," and we had to go home early so we could put him to bed.  But this year, he was able to make it through the whole show and seemed to really enjoy the "boom, booms" as he calls them.

He found this parasol and carried it around most of the night. Should we be concerned?!  But seriously, so cute.
He also proceeded to sit right down in the middle of all the ladies (kind of looks like his own little harem).  Notice the super blonde girl right behind him.  That is Holland, and her and Noah are quite the little love birds.  She even tried to kiss him that night, and was successful other than the pacie in his mouth.  ha!
LOVE this picture!  Such joy in Stevens face.  (Noah was showing the same joy most of the time, just not when looking at the camera)
The grand finale.  Can't really capture it on a phone camera, but it really was impressive.  I'm grateful for the rich people who live in our neighborhood... and especially for the wives who let their husbands spend money on such nonsense, because heaven knows if we were rich, I still wouldn't let Steven.  Ha!  (But I sure do enjoy other people spending the money)
~ 4 July 2013 ~


1 comment:

Lori said...

Wait....I just made a comment and it disappeared. Hopefully it won't show up twice. Anyway, I love the parasol picture. It might be my favorite, even though I have a feeling it won't be Noah's, when he hits junior high. Also love the picture of him snuggling with daddy. You've got some handsome boys!