Yes, two! That is crazy! I so adore this little boy and love to watch him learn, grow and develop. I'm not a fan of huge birthday parties for little kids, but since we don't have family in town, we did want to invite a couple of friends over and make Noah feel special for the day. I think he understood that the day was special and all about him. He is still "talking" about it. (ie, pretending to blow out candles to show that he had a fun time).
 |
| The Birthday Boy |
We started the morning with some decorations and his new basketball hoop already being set up, so he could play right away. I was going to do something cool for breakfast, but he requested yogurt, two pretzels, two craisins and two M&Ms and chocolate milk, so that is what he got. :) Notice the two theme... Not sure if it was because he knew it was his birthday. It was probably because two is the only number he knows. Ha!

We enjoyed our typical morning of playing and watching some shows, and in the afternoon, the whole family went to Costco to look at toys and eat pizza for dinner.
(Costco pizza picture will be here as soon as I download it from my phone. It's pretty awesome)
After dinner, Noah's friends Jack and Matthew came over with their parents to help open presents, eat cake and ice cream, and play. I love watching Noah actually play with his friends, and not just play by them! One of my favorite things about watching him grow up, for sure.
 |
| Getting ready to open presents (this first one was a piggy bank. We gave Noah some money to put in it, so he was excited about that. The rest of the night - and even now - every time he would notice it, he would say "mo." - more. Ha! I don't think he even knows what money is, but he likes to hear it clink inside the pig.) |
 |
| Jack was a good friend to help Noah open his presents. :) Jack's birthday was just a few weeks ago, so he knew just what to do. It was probably for the best, because Noah was going pretty slow through the process. |
 |
| A new Tonka truck with sirens! All three boys were big fans of this one. They spent most of the night rolling it back and forth between each other. So cute! |
 |
| New matchbox cars in this present... also a big hit. If it has wheels, Noah is a fan. |
After presents, we had cake and ice cream. I spent entirely too much time making (and worrying) about this cake, but I thought it would be so fun. Noah really did love his "choo-choo" cake, so it made it worth it. I'm glad it turned out!
 |
| Finished product |
 |
| Birthday boy while we were singing to him |
 |
| He was a little hesitant to blow out his candles, but when I pretended to show him how, he did it all by himself! |
 |
| Blowing out the second candle. He loved doing this so much that we had to let him do it twice. He asked for "mo," but we decided two times was enough. |
 |
| Proud parents |
The boys each ate about two bites of cake and then went back to playing. But we, the parents, all enjoyed it. It was a great day and evening! Happy birthday to our sweet little man!
~ 5 Nov 2013 ~
2 comments:
He is TWO already?? I thought for sure it was his first!!! (Although I do know you're pregnant...my mind is just a bit slow these days!) :) Anyway, so cute! So fun, and I'm very impressed with your cake!!!
Totally love this little man. He's looking so grown up in the picture of him with his cake, but he also looks very proud of your handiwork. Happy 2nd Birthday!!
Grandma loves you, Noah!!
Post a Comment