Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A brief hiatus... with good reason

I've taken a temporary leave of absence.  I apologize for that.  Mostly the apology goes to Noah, who this blog belongs to.  But here's the thing, he better get used to life not always going his way, because there is a pretty big reason for my leave of absence and it will greatly affect his life in the future. 

You see, here is the reason:

Wendy, please notice the pee stick.  That is just for you.  That is gross.

Yup.  Noah is going to be a big brother.  Wahoo!  (I can say that with real enthusiasm now that I'm back among the living.  For those of you who knew me when I was pregnant with Noah, you'll already be quite familiar with the fact that I hate being pregnant.  Hence, a leave).  But we are super thrilled and look forward to welcoming the little tike to our home somewhere around November 22, 2013. 

I was excited to tell Steven and wrote him the above note.  He came home from his church meetings early and I was so excited, that I didn't even wait for him to see the note.  I just told him to go look.  Ha!  I guess that kind of ruins the fun, but oh well.

We were lucky enough to tell our parents in person, and put a note (of sorts) inside an Easter egg for them to open up.  Noah delivered the good news. 

And here is how we told the siblings: 



With a note that said the shirt says "brother," not "brothel," which would clearly have an entirely different meaning.  :)

And lastly, this is how we announced the blessed event on facebook: 


And so I apologize for missing the last two months of blogging, but I hope you'll find it was worth it.  Here are a few of the things you can look forward to ~ Stuck ~ Ode to Chuck ~ Easter ~Trip south ~ Random fun ~ Sunny CA ~ and a whole lot more! 

2 comments:

Lori said...

Best announcement ever! I don't tire of hearing about it. The real observation though...look how much your baby boy has turned into a BIG boy, since you last blogged!

Britt and Brad said...

Ha! Love the pee stick. Classy ;) So excited for you guys! And the leave of absence is definitely excused.