- He weighs 22 lb. 9oz. (50%) and is 29 1/4 inches tall (30%). So yet again, he's a short chubby little thing. He comfortably wears 12 months clothes.
- He walks! He officially can walk about 10 or so steps at the year mark.
- He likes to talk like a pirate. Really. All we hear is "aarrrggghhhh" all day long.
- He is working on growing his top 4 teeth. We haven't really seen anything yet, but his gums are super swollen and the pediatrician said they will probably all come in at once. Lucky us!
- He has adjusted well to life with a part time "sister." He loves Charley and can recognize her cry at church! He always looks really concerned when Charley is crying.
- He waves "bye-bye" and signs "all done" and claps. (He's actually been doing all three of those since about 10 months, but I think I forgot to write it down.)
- He says Dada and Hi, and a whole lot of other jibberish.
He loves to be sung to at bed time, and sounds like he is humming to himself most of the day.
And as of writing this post, two weeks later:
- He gives kisses... and loves it!
- He walks more than he crawls.
I really can't believe my baby is a year old. Now that he walks, he really is not even a baby anymore. He brings us so much joy and brings such an amazing spirit into our home. Steven and I are such blessed parents, to be able to raise such a sweet little boy. I hope he will always know how much we love him and that he will stay sweet throughout his whole life.
I won't be doing a monthly update anymore... maybe every 3 months? As that is when the Dr. appts are. We'll see. It's been a fun year though, and I'm glad to be able to watch him grow and develop each month!
![]() |
| Picture (stolen from facebook, until the originals come) taken 12 November. |
~ 5 November 2012 ~

1 comment:
It's been a fun first year! I can't believe how quickly it's gone. You really are blessed~ He's such a darling, good-natured boy. Love him so much!!
Post a Comment