Sunday, December 10, 2017

That There is an RV: Day 8

After our stay in southern Oregon, we headed up the coast to stay in Lincoln City. We'd stayed at this campground when I was a kid and I remembered it being really fun. I don't know if Lincoln City had really changed, or if it was the fact that it was cold and rainy (it had been so nice the rest of the trip), or the fact that I was getting sick with a cold, but something about Lincoln City wasn't quite as magical this time around. It was still fun and pretty, but compared to southern Oregon, I didn't think it was that great. 
We decided to buy a kite, so the kids could fly the kite on the beach, which has turned out to be one of the greatest purchases of our life. This kite is amazing ~ we use it all the time now, and it flies so well. I desperately needed some cold medicine though, so while Steven took the kids and the new kite to the beach, I hiked around to find a grocery store where I could buy some DayQuil. The ladies at the kite shop had told me it wasn't far, but it proved to be a bit further than expected. No big deal though - I actually kind of think that the reason I wasn't more sick was that I was able to get outside and have that fresh sea air to clear out my lungs. It was nice!
So, Steven and Noah flew the kite for a while, and when I got back, they went down to get some water in the bucket to build a sand castle. Well, Roxi toddled on after them, and Steven didn't know she was there. A huge wave came up, and as Steven was trying to keep Noah and himself from it, Roxi fell right in! Oops! I was too far away to catch her, so she was soaking wet! I went against all my instincts and let her play in her diaper for a little while, but she was so cold, so we ended up having to go back to the RV a little earlier than expected. :)  


 I'm a little ashamed to even post these pictures. Babies in nothing but a diaper goes against all my parenting rules. Hahaha!




Roxi didn't last long in nothing but a diaper. She was so cold! :) So we headed back and took a walk around the campground. That was a better decision.


That night it was so cold and rainy. It was a weekend night, so the campground had actually kind of filled up, but there were so many people who packed up in the middle of the night and were gone before morning. I don't blame them. I was so grateful for our RV.  So instead, we had our usual "Party in the trailer," with the flashing red lantern light, and Roxi and I practiced our selfie game. :)



~ 15 May 2015 ~ 

No comments: