Monday, October 16, 2017

That There is an RV: Day 3

Day three was Sunday, so we headed to church with Mike's family, before continuing on our way to my cousin Bart's house in Fortuna, CA.  It was Mother's Day, so we got a nice plant at church ~ I think I kept it for a bit, but then didn't know what it was, so threw it away eventually. haha!  There wasn't really much else memorable at church that day.

Sleeping in an RV with little kids proved a little difficult, but not too bad. Roxi and I slept on the back bed, and Steven slept with Noah on the overhead bed. Noah thought that was pretty cool. The hardest part was that Steven and I were going to bed by about 8:30 every night, in order to get the kids to bed. haha!  Roxi was tricky the first couple of nights, but then she got used to sleeping next to me and would fall right to sleep.

Plus, every morning, it sure was fun to wake up to these sweet faces, excited to start another day. :) 

After church, we had a quick lunch of chicken nuggets before heading out. Roxi stuffed about 4 nuggets in her mouth all at once!  Nutty girl! This picture is one of my favorites though. Haha!  I'm pretty sure she kept them in her mouth until they were gone, which is astounding. I don't know how kids do that. 

We snapped a quick picture with Mike's family before heading out. Noah was very much in the "I hate pictures" stage of life. (You'll see that a lot this trip). 

That afternoon, we drove over to Fortuna. It didn't look like a bad trip on the map ~ only about a 3 hour drive, up over a mountain. What they failed to tell us was that the road was VERY winding through the mountain. I was quite car sick by the end of the almost 5 hour drive! I had to change Roxi's diaper once in the back of the RV and thought I was going to throw up. It took a while to recover. This was also the only day I drove, just for a bit while Steven went to the bathroom. The kids were asleep, so we did some pretty amazing maneuvering for me to get in the drivers seat and Steven to get out. It was epic. Haha!

It was fun to see Bart and Mary and their kids that evening. Bart made a good meal for Mothers day and we just hung out around their campfire and chatted, while the kids played with cousins. They live in a beautiful area. Very green and perfect temperatures. We failed to get any pictures with them, while we were there, but we did snap this one of their house on the way out the next morning. Haha! 

~ 10 May 2015 ~

No comments: