
My little bugaboo has become a little man somewhere in the last few months. I look at him and am amazed that he really is this whole little person, who talks and runs and does things all by himself. When he is wearing short sleeves and shorts and I can see his arms and legs, it really hits me that he is a bonafide little person. It really has to be one of the weirdest feelings to watch him grow.
Right now, Noah loves to do things on his own. "Me do it." He brushes his teeth (albeit, very poorly), tries to dress himself, tries to put on his own seat belt and helps clean up anything that needs it - including sweeping/swiffering, folding laundry and putting dishes in the sink. (Notice the word "tries." He has not mastered these skills, but he sure is good to help).
 |
| Helping Daddy mow the lawn |
He is a great talker, although I'm sure most people still can't understand him. He really does try to say words the right way. The other day I couldn't understand what he was saying (sounded like boone), but when I leaned in really close, I could tell he was concentrating on saying "Ss-pp-oon." Very separate and sounded out, as if he was reading . He was just trying to get those sounds to come out together. It was a silly moment, but I was really proud of him for trying so hard. His vocabulary is definitely growing and he will repeat whatever we say. - I've learned that I say "Oh," before everything. Oh, thank you. Oh, cool. Oh, sorry. Noah has picked up on this habit as well. :)
He is a wonderful big brother and is very helpful with Roxi. He always puts her bottles in the sink. He will get her diapers if I ask for them, or put her pacie in her mouth when asked. And every night before bed, he gives her a kiss on the forehead and pats her back while he hugs her. Awe, happy heart.
Noah loves nursery, loves to play with friends and loves having people come over to "me-house." He always gets really sad when it is time to go or have someone leave.

He loves to read books, and even enjoys longer ones now - not just board books. It is fun to go to the library and pick out books together. He will pick anything with pirates, trains, construction vehicles, or "Monkey George." (Curious George) When we read together, he likes to repeat what I say, as if he is reading. He will especially do this on the board books he has read a thousand times. (He can read nearly all of "Moo, Baa, La, La, La")
He still takes a nap everyday and sleeps great at night. It usually takes him about an hour to fall asleep (for naps and bedtime), but he'll just lay up in his bed, look at his books and sing songs. His current favorite is "Let it Go." We haven't moved the monitor to Roxana's room yet, because we love to listen to him talk and sing as he falls asleep.

There are a million stories that I could share about Noah. He really is wonderful. He gets the best reports from nursery, about what a great kid he is. (Even in our new ward with 1pm church). He has his moments of reminding us he is 2, and he can throw a tantrum with the best of them, but all in all, he is a remarkable little kid. I'm so blessed to be his Mama.
~ 5 May 2014 ~
2 comments:
Ok your kids are too adorable! I haven't looked at blogs in way too long so I'm way behind and have missed so much! And you look amazing! I want your hair! So fun to see updates!
He definitely is becoming a little boy...kind of sad to have him grow up, huh? He's so adorable and I love him so much. Can hardly wait to see him in September. Probably need an updated 5 X 7 of him, too.
Post a Comment