My parents came down for Easter this year, which was super great. They wanted to see me-house and the kids, and we were excited to have them help us get our yard in working condition. :) We had a great time with them here and Noah still calls our guest bedroom, "Papa's room."
One of our first activities was dying Easter eggs. I remember this activity taking hours and hours when I was a kid... but apparently when you are doing it with a 2 year old, it only takes about 20 minutes. Ha! Perhaps he would have loved to dye the eggs various colors, but I sure didn't trust him to actually hold an egg in only half the water without dropping it and breaking it. I think it's safe to say that he still had a good time though. Minus the occasional meltdown... Roxi enjoyed herself too, I'm sure. Who wouldn't, when wearing those awesome bunny ears?!
 |
| Yup, here's a meltdown. Not sure why... I was probably a mean mom who wouldn't let him throw the egg into the glass |
 |
| Papa took his job very seriously. |
 |
| So did Noah. |
 |
| Finished products. They really were very pretty eggs. I was most impressed with this dye kit. |
After decorating eggs, our next item of business was some serious yard work. I can't even tell you what a blessing it was to have my parents help us with the yard! It looks a thousand times better now, and we learned how to do upkeep on our own. (ie, trim bushes) My dad also fixed one of our sprinklers for us, and of course, Noah wanted to help. :) I love these two pictures... Papa is showing Noah some roly-poly bugs and other "ew's." (Noah calls all bugs "ew" except roly-poly's) I should have taken some before and after pictures of the yard. It is SO pretty now!
 |
| Serious business |
On Saturday morning, we went to the ward breakfast and Easter egg hunt. I was impressed that Noah seemed to know just what to do, even though he really hasn't hunted eggs before (that he could remember). He did great though and even found some eggs that were "hidden," and not just in the grass.
 |
| Showing off his goods |
 |
| Roxi enjoyed the party in Mama's lap, with a blanket to block the sun. :) |
The Easter bunny came on Sunday morning too! Wahoo! Noah was totally spoiled by the bunny this year, but I think his very favorite was the big bag of marshmallows that he got to enjoy all by himself. He loves marshmallows just as much as his mama, and the Easter bunny delivered. He also got some bubbles and sidewalk chalk that we are still enjoying.
 |
| Roxi enjoying her bunny goods. |
We did a couple more egg hunts on Sunday, just for fun. Noah was a little sad to see there wasn't candy in these eggs, but he still loved the hunt! He also enjoyed hiding the eggs for Grandma and Papa to find. As a kid, we used to hide the eggs over and over again, and hunt for what seemed like hours. We'd hide for my parents and they'd hide for us kids. It was always so much fun, so I was glad that Noah enjoyed this activity too.
And wouldn't you know, we failed to get any pictures of the two kids together in their Easter outfits, or to get any pictures with my parents. My mom took one of Roxi, her and me, but we didn't even get any with her and Noah. Serious parent fail! We did manage to snap one of Roxi in her first Easter dress, so that's at least good. :)
Thanks for visiting Grandma and Papa! We love you and are SO glad you came to play (and work).
~ 16-20 April 2014 ~
1 comment:
So glad we were able to be there for Roxi's first Easter and to watch Noah really get to enjoy Easter for the first time. I love that he loves his papa so much. Those photos are priceless. And, who knew? You kind of do have some "before" photos of your yard?
Post a Comment