Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Sickness and all that comes with it

Right after we moved into our new house, Noah and Roxi both got super sick.  Until this time, Noah had really never been sick.  I guess I bragged too much about that, because he was super sick!  Of course, as luck would have it, Steven had a business trip that same week, so it was all I could do to survive each day.  There was one night that one of the kids was up the entire night, so I think I got about 2 hours of total sleep.  It was rough.

Luckily, they survived it.  And so did I, after I got sick the following week.  Ugh.  But for the most part, this is what our week looked it:

Because Noah was sleeping so much and not eating at all, the day he started feeling better, he decided he didn't want to take a nap.  I was a bit nervous that this would be a new development of no naps in his life, but luckily it only lasted a couple of days.  He kept trying to sneak out of his room, and I'd find him sitting at the top of the stairs or peeking out his door.  I told him he didn't have to nap, but he had to have quiet time.  After about an hour of him playing in his room, this is what I found:

It actually doesn't look as bad as it looked when I opened the door.  Silly kid!  But since this time, there have been a few times where he won't sleep at nap time, but he always stays in his room and will just read books on his bed.  Such a great kid!

 ~ March 2014 ~

2 comments:

Yvette said...

Oh girl, you have to see my boy's room after he's been in there by himself. 800 times wore, ha! Noah is a little sweetie. :)

Lori said...

Stick to your guns! Mama's need the break :-)