What makes flying with two kids even better? When you get to the airport and realize that your two year old is on a flight by himself. Oops. We used miles to buy Noah's ticket, and apparently they booked him on a Alaska flight that left at the exact same time as our Delta flight, so we didn't notice that it was a different airline. Luckily, the lovely people at Delta looked at Noah and said, "so, he's almost 2, right?" Yes. Almost two. Crisis averted (other than that Steven now had to flight with Noah on his lap).
Noah loved having breakfast in bed while watching cartoons... he probably would have been happy to sit there and watch TV all day. :) But, I insisted we venture out. We rode the monorail, which Noah thought was way fun. And then we did the Duck Tour, which is something I've always wanted to do. It was a little ambitious to take the tour alone with two kids, but we had a good time. I think most of the people on the tour thought I was nuts! (I probably was a little bit). Noah especially loved it when we went from land into the water. I was a little nervous that he was going to jump overboard, because it seemed like he really wanted to go swimming. :) He was such a great kid all day and we enjoyed a fun, beautiful day in Seattle.
On the Duck!
Roxi wasn't quite as impressed with the tour.
The next day, we took the ferry across to Bainbridge Island, to go see Robert and Jaime, who are some friends of Steven's from college (and my friends from Las Vegas). They recently moved up there and we were excited to spend some time with them and see their new baby. It was so great to catch up! We only wish we could have had more time! That night we took the ferry back across and drove to my brother, TJ's house and stayed there for a couple of days. My parents drove over too, and on Saturday night Broc's family came over again and we had a big dinner with everyone. It is always fun to get all the kids together. Loud, but fun. :) Jandie wasn't able to come up because she had to go back to work. Of course, we failed to get any pictures. Why is it so hard to remember to take pictures of family??
Upon returning home, we decided it will be a while before the family crashes another one of Steven's work trips. It was exhausting, stressful and down right hard. It was also a lot of fun, but I'm pretty sure it will be even more fun when the kids are just a bit older. :)
~ 19-23 February 2014 ~




1 comment:
So happy we got to see you. Thanks for doing hard things :-). Isn't the duck great? I loved it.
Post a Comment