Monday, March 3, 2014

Not Brooklyn

Following the tradition of her brother, Roxana Lou was blessed on Super Bowl Sunday.  She looked absolutely beautiful in her dress and Steven gave her a wonderful blessing.  He made sure to name her Roxana Lou, and not Brooklyn, for which I am eternally grateful. :)  Both of our kids (who rarely cry), decided to cry during their blessing.  If they ever ask why they have no fashion sense, we'll tell them that it's because they cried and Dad got nervous and forgot to bless them with a keen sense of fashion.
 Men in the circle: Great Uncle Thane, Chris, Nels, Dad, Grandpa, and friend Jabe (represently Mama's family, because Grandma and Papa couldn't be there.)
 with Grandpa and Grandma
 Proud parents
 Noah was a little bit sad that we took him out of nursery for the pictures
 but he still showed his brotherly love





I dare you to try and pick a favorite picture in the bunch.

 This pink blanket was mine as a baby.  I love how it looks like Roxi is waiting for the butterfly to land on her hand in this second picture.


Of course, every good big brother will bring the GI Joe toys over to the blanket and pose for a picture too.  :)
~ 2 February 2014 ~

2 comments:

Lori said...

Still so very sad that we had to miss her blessing...especially since she's my little namesake! However, I'm glad you have it well documented in photos and seriously...she is absolutely precious in her beautiful white dress. No way could I pick a favorite. Thanks Jabe for taking one for the Dayley team!

Yvette said...

Oh my gosh...so so precious! She's such a beauty!