Thursday, January 10, 2013

This kid is a genius!

No joke.  Genius.  Here are two examples, just from this morning...

First, he takes Charley's socks off all the time (he's obsessed with socks... I know, not a super genius move).  So when I'm done feeding her, I ask him to bring me the socks back.  By this time, he has long since moved on from the socks, so who knows where they might be.  Well, he does!  He looks at me, then finds a sock and shows me, probably to make sure it was right.  When I say yes, he brings it right on over to me!  And then goes and gets the other one.  Amazing!

And if that didn't convince you, I know this will.  Right after lunch, I always tell him to go poop, so I can put him to bed and he'll have a good nap.  So today, he's playing - not pooping.  So I say to him, "Noah, you need to go over in the corner and poop."  So he runs right over to his corner, which I was pretty impressed about, and I tell him that he needs to "grunt" and push it out.  And I kid you not, the kid grunts two or three times, and then runs back over to me.  Guess what?  He pooped!  No joke, we did a happy dance right then and there.

He's a genius, I tell you, GENIUS!

Next step... toilet, not corner.

2 comments:

Lori said...

This made me laugh! Maybe you could get him some "puppy pads" for the corner, and then gradually move them to the bathroom...just a thought!

...and I also need a copy of the main picture on his blog. It's still one of my favorites, even though he's not that baby anymore :-(

Britt and Brad said...

Haha, seriously a genius! You weren't kidding! He's getting so big...tell him to stop growing up so fast!