Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Surprising Grandma!

My good friend Brittany was staying with us for a few weeks before she decided to move back to the ol' stomping grounds to follow the love of her life.  So when she packed up to leave, Steven had this brilliant idea that Noah and I should go with her and surprise my parents.  Luckily, I remembered that they were going to be camping over the weekend (Memorial Day), so I called my dad to see if he could meet pick us up as we drove through town.  He was excited and surprised, but promised not to break the news to my mom!

So, we hopped in the car at 5am and started the 12 hour drive back home.  Brittany said she prayed for patience the night before, assuming a 6 month old baby wouldn't be a great traveling companion.  Probably a wise move on her part, but alas, Noah was AWESOME!  We only had to stop twice for him, which was great because it was the same stops Brittany and I needed.  

We met Papa and headed up to the campground.  He had told Grandma that he was going to buy wood, so when he showed up with a truckload of wood and a suitcase on top, she said to her friends, "Oh great.  What'd he do, buy a suitcase too?!"  Then I jumped out and yelled surprise!  She was so excited to see me... okay, that's probably not true... she was so excited to see Noah!  :)

Noah did AMAZING up camping!  He slept great and enjoyed being outside so much.  Plus, of course he loved his time with Grandma and Papa.  In true "awesome mom" fashion, I didn't get many pictures of the week.  But here are the ones I did get....

Waking up the first morning.  So happy!
Beautiful lake where my family has been camping for 20 years.
So excited to see Grandma!
Just playing

What, you don't let your baby drink Mt. Dew straight from the bottle?!
Happy Memorial Day Grandma!
After the camping trip, we had a few days before heading back home on the big airplane.  This allowed us to see my best friend Rachel's new little baby boy, and see Noah's second cousins, who have given him so many of his cute clothes.  Thanks boys!!
Whoa, Noah is finally the big baby!  :) 
Second cousins!
Riding home on the big airplane!  (Pretty good boy during the flight).

~ Memorial Day weekend, 2012 ~



1 comment:

Lori said...

Such a fun surprise! Thank you Steven for the "really great idea," as the older grandkids like to say!