Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Christmas 2014

Santa came!  Hooray!
  And even better ~ our kids are at the age where they don't realize you can wake up early or get really excited for presents, so we were able to wake up at our normal time.  :)  It was wonderful!  
Santa left the kids some awesome toys, including a new tunnel that was at the top of the stairs for them to crawl through before even seeing everything else.

Then, when they got downstairs, they found some great new Fisher Price "Little People" playsets, all set up and ready to go.  A new circus/fair and a new barn.  Before even opening any presents, we played with those for a while and had a great time.
Noah was already busy checking out the goods... it takes Roxi a little longer to get down the stairs still.  :) 

Noah was probably most excited about his new kitchen items, including a blender, mixer and "hot chocolate" maker.  :)  He had seen those at WalMart and been asking for them... and at $15, Santa was excited that they didn't break the bank. And Noah never seemed to care that they were hot pink and purple.  Love that boy!
Roxi was still getting used to Christmas, but seemed to like the idea of it.  :) And since I'm writing this a whole year later... I can honestly say I have no idea what she got.  ha!
Apparently she got Club Crackers???  I have no idea?  Haha!  She must have grabbed those out of the pantry while waiting for breakfast or something. 
I got an awesome new bike from Steven, plus some Ghiradelli brownie mixes and Godiva hot chocolate... what more can a girl ask for?!  And again... I have no idea what I got him.  ha!
One of my favorite things about not being surrounded by family close by on Christmas, is that we don't have to go anywhere or even get dressed.  We just get to relax all day long.  And that is just what we did.  We ended the night with a dinner of Stouffers lasagna ~ the kids love it and there is no prep or clean up.  It's great!
This was our first Christmas with just us as a family of 4, and in our new home.  The whole season, and especially the day was lovely.
~ 25 December 2014 ~

1 comment:

Lori said...

So glad you clarified that you were writing this a year late. I felt prompted to look at your blog today and as I was scrolling through posts I thought, "I've seen some of these photos, but I don't remember this blog post." Ha! So glad you're documenting, even if it is a bit delayed. You'll look back and be glad you did it. All things have a season. Right now, you're life is very busy with two toddlers, growing a baby and running a business. Don't beat yourself up (if you have been), about not blogging regularly. When it's delayed it's not going to take as long, because you won't remember all the details. Ha! I love you~your little family~and your blog.