Monday, August 13, 2012

At Nine Months

Noah has officially lived outside of me as long as he lived inside.  And can I just say that I'm glad babies don't live inside for 18 months?!  This kid is huge!  And he is becoming quite talented, if I do say so myself.  Here are the stats:

- He weighs 20 lbs 8 oz (50%) and measures 28 inches (35%).  So he is pretty much a short chubby little thing.  Love it!
- He learned how to crawl about a week before his nine month mark and is already a crawling machine!  As such, he doesn't like to be in a room by himself, and is constantly trying to keep up with me as I move around the house.  This produces a lot of whining on his part, since he's not quite so fast as I am.
- With crawling comes his ability to sit up from crawling position and pull himself to a stand, both of which he is getting quite good at.  The standing is more of a kneel right now, but we'll take it.  :)  
- He is suffering from either his first cold or getting his first tooth right now.  Poor kid is having a rougher time of things, but still has that sweet disposition that we love so much.  (Note:  it was his first cold.  Poor toothless wonder!)
- He went on his second camping trip and did great again.  This camping trip came with two 12 hour car rides, so he is becoming quite the pro at traveling.
- His favorite songs seem to be ABC's and Old McDonald, and his favorite stories are any with animal noises.  (I think he just likes to laugh at mom when she tries to sound like the animals.  Hmm...)
- He loves being outside, especially playing on and with the grass.
- He was a big fan of the Olympics (or at least I assume so), as we watched them all day every day.  Maybe I'm just a big fan.
- He LOVES the water.  Whether in the bathtub or the water park, he loves to kick back and splash, and he even puts his face under the water now.   
- Oh, and I almost forgot his coolest trick!  In the morning, we make him leave his pacifier in the crib, so when we tell him to "put pacie in the crib," he will take it out of his mouth and drop it into the crib.  Holy cow, the kid is smart!  S-M-R-T smart!
How did this little guy turn into

 this big guy SO fast?!

I sure am glad that we don't carry babies on the inside for 18 months ~ He's huge!
~ 5 August 2012 ~

3 comments:

Yvette said...

He is such a cutie pie!! And congrats on the crawling! Amazing, isn't it? He's advancing so fast!

Yvette said...

PS -- you look so so cute too. :)

katles said...

Oh, Jolee - I'm so delighted that you are so happy! He is one cute kiddo!!!