Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mothers Day

Sometimes it's good to be the mom.  Especially on Mothers day.  Noah and Steven spoiled me all day!  I got cinnamon rolls in the morning, a great afternoon nap, followed by alone time to watch a chic flick and make a wreath I've been wanting to make, and a delicious salmon dinner.  And to top it all off, I get a day at the spa ~wahoo!~ and some awesome new candles.  Yup, sometimes it's good to be the mom!  
Doesn't that look amazing?!  Plus, it's fun to get to use the celebrate plate, which only comes out for special occasions.  
When I was a kid, I used to wonder why there was Mothers day and Fathers day, but no "kids day."  I have come to realize that every day is kids day. I am grateful that at least one day a year is devoted only to moms or dads.  And I am grateful to have a husband who realizes just how important that day of rest is for the mom.  

But most of all, I'm grateful to this cute little boy who made me the mom.
~ 13 May 2012 ~

2 comments:

Nycole said...

Happy Mothers Day! Jolee you look so pretty in that picture!

Lori said...

Being "the mom" really IS the best...with "the grandma" tying, of course! So glad Noah has a wonderful daddy & you have a great husband~and the fact that they are the same person is even better!! Love you all!!