Sunday, June 7, 2015

First Annual Family Nativity

We decided our kids are old enough to participate in the time honored tradition of the family nativity.  I wish there were words to describe how cute this was.  And how strong the spirit was felt.  It may have only lasted about 4 minutes, but it was priceless.  Roxi mostly just followed Noah's lead, but Noah was so precious.  He took his job of Joseph so seriously.  It was amazing.
I love these babies of mine!


 Our sweet Mary.  Love, love, love.  So much.

 Mary and Joseph, getting ready to make their entrance into Jerusalem ~ with Dad playing the part of the donkey.  Oh. My. Gosh.  Have I mentioned how happy this made me?


 Finding their way to the stable, complete with animals and the manger.  Noah set up all the animals before we started.  He took the job very seriously.  I can't even...

 "And Mary brought forth her first born son and wrapped him in swaddling clothes (and handed him to Joseph, because she wasn't quite big enough to actually hold the baby)."  :)

 And, to make sure that Mom could also get in on the fun, an angel appeared proclaiming glad tidings of great joy!



And of course, after every good nativity, there was a little bit of goofing off.  But I tell you... for that 4 minutes of reading, it was spectacular.  




~ 24 December 2014 ~

2 comments:

Jaime Lynne said...

Roxi as Mary, Steve as a donkey, Noah as Joseph… this is beyond awesome. Great to see some updates from your family. Love you, friend!

Lori said...

This might have made me tear up just a little. So absolutely precious!