Wednesday, October 17, 2012

New girl in town

There is a new baby playing at our house everyday.  Charley is about two months old, and her mom had to go back to work (so sad!), so she comes over to our house and plays with us for eight hours every day.  It has been a fun adjustment, and Noah does really well with Charley.  The first day, he really wanted to be around her the whole time and even would lay down on the blanket next to her and cuddle.

Since then, as he has started to realize that she is here to stay, he gets a little more fussy at times.  He is especially not fond of her having a pacie and him not, or when she gets a bottle and he doesn't.  But overall, he still really likes her.  He really likes to hit her in the face, push on her tummy, and pull her hair.  A typical older brother.

As for me?  Well, I love that 2 month old babies sleep for so long everyday!  I forgot about that.  And, they sleep anywhere, which is even better.  I'm glad that I get a full night sleep every night, and that my body isn't in recovery mode, which makes this a pretty good gig.  Plus, it's really funny to leave the house and see the looks that people give me as they look at me with two little babies.  Oh yeah, and I'm super glad to have a husband who works from home, for those emergency situations that we occasionally find ourselves in.

But overall, I'm glad that we can help out a good friend and have such a sweet baby in our home.

Noah and Charley 
~ 4 October 2012 ~

2 comments:

Lori said...

Can hardly wait to meet this sweet baby girl! You will have her while I'm there, correct? It's not that I don't want all the lovin' I can get from that sweet boy, but somehow I'm thinking Charley is going to like me better...at least for the first 24 hours. This picture of the tow of them is so stinkin' cute~Love, G'ma

Nycole said...

Cute picture! I am glad things are going well!