But then there are days where I help build a train track and spend 45 minutes chasing trains around the track with Noah, and I don't worry that I haven't exercised or learned any new piece of knowledge in what seems far too long, I just chase those trains. And I laugh with my little boy.
And when we are done, we eat macaroni and cheese for lunch, with apples that have been sliced and peeled, not because I'm a superior mom, but because I don't like apple peels. (And I've learned that it only takes an extra 10 seconds to peel them.)
And the thing that I love the most is that my little boy folds his arms to pray without me reminding him and he says the pray all by himself, and I realize that somewhere in the midst of those totally mundane moments, something has gone fantastically right.
He is a good boy, who loves hard and laughs harder. And sometimes he messes up, and sometimes he screams or tries to hit his sister. But then sometimes he just chases those trains and laughs with his Mama.
And so today, I have learned something so much more important than anything the world would have me believe is important, because I have learned what it is to play trains with my boy.
And of course, this will be a lesson I learn over and over again. And I will not be the first person to learn it or even to blog about it, but for me, this is an important lesson to remember.
~ 2 June 2014 ~
Um, okay... so... I wrote this the first day we played trains. Now it is 20 July and we play trains every. single. day. I'm not going to lie. I'm kind of over it. ;)
Um, okay... so... I wrote this the first day we played trains. Now it is 20 July and we play trains every. single. day. I'm not going to lie. I'm kind of over it. ;)
1 comment:
What a sweet post! You're a good mama :-)
Post a Comment