Wednesday, December 7, 2011

At One Month

How can time possibly move so slow during pregnancy and so fast after?  Steven says it's sleep deprivation.  He may be onto something.  At any rate, little Noah is one month old.  And in true mommy blog fashion, I feel it's important to document his stats.

- He weighs in at about 8 lb. 6 oz. (as far as our scale can tell)
- Given his weight, he is still wearing all newborn clothes.  Good job to Grandma for getting so many of said size.  I was really questioning her choice and am glad I was wrong.
- He finally has his days and nights figured out, but still wakes up two times a night to eat.
- He sleeps a lot during the day still, but is starting to be more alert for longer periods of time.
- We do "tummy time" every day, and although he hates it, he does really well and is getting a lot stronger.
- He rarely cries... only when he is hungry or if we are bugging him. ie, changing clothes or diapers
- Oh, and he cries when he is gets gas... which happens quite a bit, poor kid.
- He is starting to focus a bit more on people, but still doesn't hold the focus for too long
- He eats really well, and doesn't mind switching between breast or bottle, which is super great!
- He takes a pacifier well and will spit it out when he's done sucking.  For the most part, we don't have to put it back in for him.  I think he really wants to find his thumb, but we try to keep his hands covered.  
(Braces are expensive)
- We fear we may be spoiling him, as he likes to be held ALL the time!  
But he's so cuddly, so we just play along.  
- And, he's still as cute as can be!  I got a picture, but haven't downloaded it yet.  Here is one of my favorites from about two weeks...

4 comments:

Ciarran said...

I love him!!! I'm going to have to roadtrip down to Utah to meet him.

Lori said...

I miss him sooooooooooo much!! XOXO Grandma

PS~The house behind us is still for sale :-)

PSS~Intrinium Networks is still hiring :-)

Jen said...

I am completely in love with his super hero picture! saving the world one diaper at a time ;)

Jane said...

Such a cute picture! And don't worry-I think he's too young to spoil:)